10 IDEAS FOR ST. NICHOLAS’ DAY GIFTS
St. Nicholas’ Day is coming soon! 🙂 December 6-th! It’s a very special time for children… I can remember very well how I used to put my shoe on the window sill and fell asleep excited with the thought, that when I wake up in the morning, there will be a gift from the Santa waiting for me.
I really love this tradition, and together with my husband we have been preserving it to date, exchanging small gifts on this special day. A tiny additional shoe will be placed on the window sill this year, and inside, a gift for our sweet 15-month-old baby will be waiting.
If you are wondering what to give your baby this year, below you will find 10 ideas for St. Nicholas’ Day gifts for INFANTS & TODDLERS:
1. Spinning top – the simplest idea can often bring the most joy and turn your child on to the play! This toy will probably never grow old
2. Wooden toy for pulling – kids who are discovering the magic feeling of walking, will be excited about such a gift on a string!
3. Wooden toy for pushing – essential companion of our babies during home strolls, and as well those longer ones in a park or to the playground.
4. A book – It’s impossible to make a mistake with this gift… our children should be surrounded by books and it’s always a bull’s eye for every occasion!
5. Shapes sorter – excellent toy improving the manual abilities of small hands.
6. First jigsaw – puzzle jigsaws and fitting the sizes and shapes will attract attention of every baby!
7. First cutlery and a plate – first steps in eating independently can be definitely happier and more interesting for our babies, if we cheer them up with the colourful cutlery, a plate and a bowl. Moreover, we should let our toddlers to learn about the table aesthetics and nicely served food from the very beggining, although… the plate sometimes/often might fall on the floor, but this is a real fun that will eventually disappear as time goes by.
8. Musical instrument – this is an excellent way of playing for the youngest. Our 15-month-old daughter has been playing in her own way on a xylophone, tambourine, drums, rattles and mini-saxophone for many months already. This is definitely her favourite everyday activity. Such toys are greatly developing musical interests in children.
9. Cuddly toy – children adore cuddly toys and teddy bears. It isn’t significant whether it is a little bear, or a rag doll, important is that it should be something bringing relief to your baby, sense of security and joy just at the very sight of this little friend.
10. Little car for children – probably astonishing for some people, but it is a fantastic toy both for boys and girls. Our daughter got by accident (long story…) a small car three months ago. It turned out to be that she liked it and learned that if she ”winds” wheels by reversing the car, it goes ahead by itself. She plays with it every day from the very morning. And as a result, on my way back from NYC last month, I bought her second toy car – yellow NY taxi. Currently, a pink Cadillac in the vintage version is next on the list.